You will now be redirected to Paypal for payment...
Do you live near to any of our festivals?
Which festivals would you like to enter?
Which category would you like to enter?
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
Festival submission fees start at £12.00 per film and increase by £2 per month as the final deadline
approaches, with local, student and members receiving discounted fees.
SUBMISSION CALL DATES
Bristol: 1st January - 31st October
Edinburgh: 1st March - 31st December
Plymouth: 1st May - 1st March
YOUR FILM DETAILS
Please find the total submission cost with breakdown beneath this form.
|Waiver Code :|
REBEL FILM FESTIVAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS & SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Rebel Film Festival (Us, our, we) hereby sets out the following terms of participation, valid from 01.01.18 until further notice.
1. The festival events take place in various locations, and on various dates, please see the website for more details. Our main office is located in Bristol, and you can contact us by email or phone should you require any clarification or assistance.
2. Each festival event is treated as a separate entity in terms of submissions, judging, and programming.
3. The final selection of all films presented at the festival screenings and their placement in the program is the responsibility of the Film Programmer for Rebel Film Festival. The process is overseen by the festival’s Managing Director and Artistic Director. The organisation of the events and programming of all other non-competitive elements is the responsibility of the Artistic Director, Managing Director and the festival team.
4. The festival is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work from low to high budgets. We are also open to feature films released since 2016.
5. The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film for consideration including permission from a distributor or sales agent representing the film and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films. With this submission, the applicant confirms that they possess all rights necessary for the screening of the submitted film at this film festival.
6. Short films must have a maximum duration of 15 minutes including credits. Features must be between 60 and 150 minutes.
7. Rebel Film Festival does not require any premiere status but recognises that this may come into consideration during the selection process.
Registration and data protection
8. Before you can submit your film you will be asked to register your contact and film details. Please see our Privacy statement below for more details on the uses of this information.
Entry fees and refunds
9. There is a submission fee to enter your films to Rebel Film Festival. These costs are used to cover administration and organisation. We offer reduced rates for student submissions, and for local filmmakers.
10. Rebel Film Festival does not have the facility to apply refunds. Discounts and waivers must be sought before the films have been submitted.
11. For the current cost of submitting a film to the festival, please refer to the submission section on our website, or to any of our partner third party submission platforms.
12. A separate entry form and additional entry fee is required for each film submission. In addition, a separate entry fee is required for each additional event you wish to submit your film to.
13. Please ensure that the digital video file you’re entering is the highest quality copy of your film, if your film is selected you will be contacted to confirm this.
14. For entry by postage please send a clearly labeled data disc (Entrants name and Film Title) with your film in the above file format to: Rebel Film Festival, 21 St. Thomas Street, Bristol, BS1 6JS
15. Films that are submitted on unreadable discs or files will not be considered for selection, it is up to the applicant to ensure that the preview copy is in full working order. The festival is unable to return any data discs, but will endeavor to return memory sticks and hard drives if a postage paid, self addressed envelope is included.
16. A film’s success is dependent not on its budget or length, but on its core vision and the creativity/efficiency with which it communicates that vision. Programs consist of these diverse visions assembled in an order and rhythm so that even in contrast each is mutually complimentary.
17. Successful entrants will be notified of their inclusion in the festival by the notification date which can be found for each event on the submission page.
18. After selection, notification letters will be sent electronically; please provide an email address that is checked regularly and ensure that emails from @rebelfilmfestival.com are permitted.
19. Due to the large amounts of submissions that the festival receives we are unable to give comments on individual films prior to submission or offer feedback for unsuccessful entries.
Festival and online screenings
20. There are no fees for participating in the festival. Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the festival.
21. Selected films may additionally be screened for a limited time on our V.O.D. platform. If you do not wish to have your film screened on our limited V.O.D. platform, then you must notify us prior to the festival date. The exact details of these online screenings can be found in our F.A.Q’s.
22. In addition to the reproduction of stills and clips of selected films (under 1 minute) for all Rebel Film Festival publications, festival trailer, press and TV coverage, they may also be screened as part of preview and educational screenings to promote the event.
23. Within your submission you will be asked if you have read and agreed with the Terms and Conditions laid out in this document. By agreeing to proceed with your submission you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and your application can then be processed. Entry of a film is binding and implies acceptance of these regulations.
24. In the event of disagreement concerning the interpretation of the regulations, the interpretation of the festival will take precedence.
25. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in the submission being disqualified.
26. A film that has been selected to screen may subsequently be removed from the schedule prior to the event for the following reasons:
i. Any unresolved dispute as to the films ownership causing potential problems.
ii. Falsification of information on entry form.
iii. Any reasonable grounds for concern over the films screening as determined by the festival organisers.